Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Perfect For You

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not: but remember that what you now have was once among the things you hoped for." 


                                                              My Perfect Match


You ever have those days where you wish you social media never existed?  Where everytime you log onto Facebook, the first ten posts are people celebrating what you wish you had?   Or you see people making great announcements on Twitter?  Well, today (actually all of February) has been one of those days (months) for me.  No exageration here, every day I have looked at my Facebook account this month, someone else has found out they are pregnant and someone else has just had a baby.  And by someone, I mean lots of people.  Literally, every. single. day. it seems like I've had a constant reminder that I am not pregnant, or we do not have children yet.

Last week Brian knew I was feeling this way.  We both deal with this reality in our own way and help the other one with it.  Brian told me to go read a blog post that our pastor, Steven Furtick, had recently made called "Perfect For You".  The post starts out by saying, "Everyone desires to be in God’s will. But God’s good, pleasing, and perfect will might not look the way you think it should."  How true is this?  The life I had invisioned for myself is vastly different from where I am today.  However, I would not change what I had today at all.

If I had the life I had dreamed of, by now I'd have 2 kids and a house.  Brian wouldn't be about to finish school and embarking on a new and exciting career.  I wouldn't have the great job that I have now.  We would not be living in North Carolina.  We would not be able to travel as easily and go see our families and friends.  We wouldn't have the things that God knows we needed, we would have only had the things that I thought were right for us. 

"God’s will doesn’t have to be perfect to me to be perfect for me."  That's another part of the blog.  I don't know when we'll have children, where Brian will be working, when we will get our first home.  But I do know that the man He chose for me is perfect for me.  The friends He placed in our lives are perfect for us.  The families we were placed into are perfect for us.  The lives we have now, are perfect for us.  If I had done what I wanted to do, I wouldn't be where I am today.  Who knows where I'd be.  What I do know is that life's pretty darn good right now, and the best is still on it's way. 



Here's a link to our pastor's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment