Monday, September 13, 2010

School Days

So, the day has finally arrived for my Chimi to start school at Nascar Technical Institute!!! This is the main reason we moved here, so we are super excited for it. God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams for this move here.

Orientation was last week and Brian is already way ahead of the game. He was the only one dressed well, he was on time and ready to learn. First week of classes started today. Which means, a 5:30am wake up call, ugh. Luckily my husband is a trooper and takes everything in stride. His schedule is crazy, wake up at 5:30, leave by 6:05, classes start at 6:30 and end at 12:45 then he goes to work from 4-10:30.

It's going to be hard and stressful on our marriage. However, it will make us prioritize what is truly important and make the most of our time together.

So, I am sitting here writing this and waiting for my little school boy to come home and tell me all about it in person. Of course I've gotten updates throughout the day and he says it was great. I'm thankful for all the calls, emails and prayers for this huge step in our lives.

Just a flash back of a fun picture I found, here is Brian in school in 1988 and starting today (he'll probably get embarassed by this, but I think he looks super cute in both pictures!). And yes, the goggles are a part of his uniform :)



Aside from school starting, we had a great weekend. All new furniture for our living room, and our sweet friend, April, was able to fly into Charlotte for all of Sunday to spend a day with us. We had a great lunch together and I just enjoyed some good quality girl time with one of my dear friends. It was wonderful to see her and I miss her dearly!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he had a good day. Thanks for posting the pics! I love it! Now you need to post pics of your new furniture! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as we get it, I'll post some up! Or you could just come and visit us in 4 weeks and see it in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh I got a pic on the blog! I fell famous! I think its time to come back and see the new couch and hang out some more!! Hopefully in January Will and I can come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete